Clean chit to PGI doctor

| |

Jul 5 (PTI) Chandigarh: After a week of a 55-year-old patient dying of electrocution, the PGIMER inquiry committee today gave a clean chit to a doctor who was trying to resuscitate the patient, officials said today. Ghinder Singh, a resident of Doraha in Ludhiana district, was burnt alive on a stretcher when doctors were trying to revive him by giving shocks on June 27. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)inquiry committee, which was set up a day after Singh was killed, submitted its report to the Director terming it as “rarest of rare and most unfortunate,” officials said. The four-member committee also recommended to the institute that it developed a protocol for taking permission of patients or relatives before giving them electric shocks as after the incident the patient’s family accused doctors of being careless, they said. The victim was admitted to PGIMER a month ago and had been operated for a liver disorder.

News Gathered by India News

Become a Hosting Provider

Get Domain Reseller Account Free .in domain Rs 115 Reseller Hosting in just Rs 999

Linux Reseller Hosting

Posted by on Tuesday, July 5th, 2011. Filed under Chandigarh, Cities. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply